Art and Science Platform “ostriv”
Type: social project
Authors: Roman Sakh, Kostyantyn Kuchabskyi
The Isle is a social project which logically continues the educational programm of the studio at Kyiv National University of Construction and Architecture.
For more than two years our group has been running several cultural and educational events aimed at the development of architecture and architectural education in Ukraine. We have arranged plenty of lectures, master classes, exhibitions and workshops which resulted in unique architectural installations.
For the time of our work we faced the lack of material and technical support. We managed to build a productive working process in our group but problems with the space, resources and information support blocked our work. It became a background for the idea of The Isle, Art and Science Platform.
Our plaform will accumulate funds, fascilities, information support, scientific research in order to assist new projects and to help young professionals make their contribution into the architecture of Ukraine. It will give an opportunity and space for meeting and cooperation with experts in architecture, construction and design.
1) Establishing the platform for cooperation between professionals of different age, experience and specialization (in architecture and design)
2) Providing necessary conditions (fascilities, media support, expert opinion) for realization of innovative ideas in design, architecture and visual art
3) Giving a chance for creative thinkers to present their ideas to the public, find kindred spirit and receive useful criticism
4) Developing creative and intellectual potential among the Ukrainian students
5) Promoting the new trends in design, architecture and visual art
6) Organizing lectures, master classes, workshops, exhibitions, cultural discussions and movie screenings